The following projects have been funded by the Josephine County Cultural Coalition for 2019.
Regular grant awards
Josephine County Cultural Coalition awarded grants to the following organizations in January 2019.
- Rogue Valley Symphony $1,500 for free student tickets for Grants Pass concerts
- Kerbyville Museum $1,500 to support an “Historic Objects” book
- Grants Pass Museum of Art $1,500 to bring local fifth graders to the museum to learn visual arts
- Josephine Community Concerts $500 for implementing the ability to take credit cards (no longer part of our granting guidelines)
- Chinquapin Center for the Arts $1,500 for a summer residency for a new opera
- Boys & Girls Clubs $1,500 for the Junior Picasso Club at the Grants Pass Club
- Josephine Community Library District $1,500 for special programs on history and poetry
- RiverStars Performing Arts $1,500 for performance and dance youth program in the Illinois Valley
- Three Rivers Community Orchestra $750 for venue fees and marketing
Josephine County Cultural Coalition awarded mini-grants ($500 maximum) to the following organizations in summer 2019.
- Rogue Gateway $500 for Porchfest
- Exchange for Change $500 for “Teens’ Cultural Exchange”
- Grants Pass Museum of Art $400 for a museum activities video
- Illinois Valley Community Development Organization $500 for a bottle deposit site mural
- 3 Rivers Chorale $500 for the “Blue Pacific” performance
- RiverStars Performing Arts $500 for the RiverStars Summer Dance
- Rogue Community College $432 for totem pole signage