The GP Museum of Art was granted monies for Elementary students to visit the Museum for arts instruction.
We visited the Museum during one of the classes. The students were engaged with their attention to their instruction into the world of art!
Recognition from U.S. Senator Jeff Merkley
The Josephine County Cultural Coalition is thrilled to have been recognized by Senator Jeff Merkley for its work, particularly for its support of the Frederick Douglas exhibit at the Grants Pass library throughout January 2018. At a January town hall meeting, Senator Merkley presented a flag flown over the U.S. Capitol to members of the JCCC board. With your help, the coalition will continue to serve the Arts, Heritage and Culture of our community.
Josephine County Cultural Coalition announces the 2018 Grantees:
- 3 Rivers Chorale to aid in a permanent Riser Storage System
- B Wishes Music for the Honey Bee Choir for Kids
- Barnstormers Theatre for Stage Lighting
- Boys and Girls Club for the Junior Picasso Club
- Grants Pass Museum of Art providing educational visits for 5th Graders to the Museum
- Rogue Valley Symphony and Connecting with the Classics
- Siskiyou Music Project for Artists in the School
- Twin Heroes 2018 Festival Residency
- Frederick Douglass Traveling Exhibition at the Josephine Community Library
- Women’s Crisis Center to aid in An Evening to Remember
- Woodland Charter School for Music Instrument Development
2017/2018 Josephine County Cultural Coalition projects
We hope you had a chance to see their presentations!!
The Josephine County Cultural Coalition works to foster a culturally rich community in Josephine County by encouraging participation in the arts, heritage, humanities, and culture through education, activities, fundraising, and grant awards.
The coalition is part of the Oregon Cultural Trust network.
Click to learn more about the Josephine County Cultural Coalition. Click to contact us.