The purpose of the Josephine County Cultural Coalition (JCCC) is to nurture and promote the arts, humanities and heritage of Josephine County. Through activities and grant awards, JCCC strives to:
- Increase awareness of Josephine County’s unique cultural identity, heritage and resources.
- Help community members understand the benefits of enhancing and preserving our cultural resources.
- Encourage participation of every resident in the arts, humanities and heritage of our county.
These goals reflect the mission of the Oregon Cultural Trust, which was established to support and protect Oregon Culture. Funding of the JCCC is through multiple sources including revenue-sharing of the Oregon Cultural Trust’s collection of directed tax dollars and license plate sales and donations.
Applying for a grant
To apply for a grant, an individual or group must present a proposal to benefit the residents of Josephine County. Note that JCCC does not intend to annually fund any one specific project. Proposals must meet one or more of the priorities of the JCCC as listed:
- Increase the educational opportunities for arts, heritage and humanities for children.
- Encourage more cultural celebrations.
- Increase public art (public art is interpreted to mean sculpture and other objects in the public view).
- Expand awareness of cultural opportunities.
- Increase participation in the arts, heritage and humanities.
Most grant awards are between $500 and $1500.
Funds may be used only for listed activities in the grant application.
- Grant cycle opens: September 1, 2017
- Deadline for email-only receipt of formal grant request: October 15, 2017
- Notification of accepted grant: December 2017
- Interim project report due: May 31, 2018
- Deadline for project completion: December 31, 2018
Click here for the Grant Application Instructions (pdf).
Complete the following for your grant application package.
- Application Cover Sheet (pdf) (Word document)
- Application Narrative (pdf)
- Line Item Project Budget (pdf) (Word document)
Email your grant application package to email@example.com by the deadline of October 15, 2017.
The application process may require a site visit or a personal interview.
Grant awards are paid upon receipt of a signed agreement. Grant recipients are required to display the Josephine County Cultural Coalition and Oregon Cultural Trust logos on all advertising and displays of the project. JCCC should be advised of activity dates so that we can attend. Photos of activities are highly recommended for documentation.
Reporting on your grant-funded project
See Reporting on Grants for the report form, deadlines, and more information.