Applications for the 2019 Grant Cycle will become available summer 2018.
Check this page for updates.
The purpose of the Josephine County Cultural Coalition (JCCC) is to nurture and promote the arts, humanities and heritage of Josephine County. Through activities and grant awards, JCCC strives to:
- Increase awareness of Josephine County’s unique cultural identity, heritage and resources.
- Help community members understand the benefits of enhancing and preserving our cultural resources.
- Encourage participation of every resident in the arts, humanities and heritage of our county.
These goals reflect the mission of the Oregon Cultural Trust, which was established to support and protect Oregon Culture. Funding of the JCCC is through multiple sources including revenue-sharing of the Oregon Cultural Trust’s collection of directed tax dollars and license plate sales and donations.
To apply for a grant, an individual or group must present a proposal to benefit the residents of Josephine County. Note that JCCC does not intend to annually fund any one specific project. Proposals must meet one or more of the priorities of the JCCC as listed:
- Increase the educational opportunities for arts, heritage and humanities for children.
- Encourage more cultural celebrations.
- Increase public art (public art is interpreted to mean sculpture and other objects in the public view).
- Expand awareness of cultural opportunities.
- Increase participation in the arts, heritage and humanities.
Most grant awards are between $500 and $1500.
Funds may be used only for listed activities in the grant application.
The grant cycle will open in the summer. Check this page for updates, instructions, application forms, and deadlines.